Saturday, June 14, 2008

Oh, the Joy....

...of garage sale-ing! I have to admit, I've never liked going the second-hand route, whether it be second-hand stores, antique stores, or garage sales. BUT....I have to admit....they have some pretty good stuff down here! I bought an espresso machine and iron for $5 at one place, and promptly forgot to pay the people. I went back several hours later and the guy didn't even realize that I hadn't paid! Anyways, then I bought some stamps for my sister and a Cooking Light cookbook. THE find of the day, however, was a FREE record player! I'll post pictures of it later, but I like it! The lady even gave me several records that didn't sell for free. :D Oh, and I found a washer/dryer set for $160 and the guy is going to find someone to haul it to my apartment for me. I only spent $10 today though. Crazy, huh! I said my aunt is an awesome bargain shopper and I ain't a-kidding! I still need some furniture though. And my taste isn't generally the garage sale furniture that we found today. Oh, well. I'll find something.

2 Thoughts and Comments:

Jason and Sue said...

Hey! Glad to hear things are going well for you in Missoula. Isn't crazy the things you can find at garage sales!

Anonymous said...

Have a great convention!