Thursday, July 10, 2008

Excitement of the Day...




So, this was the exciting event that happened Wednesday night. Cars were just lining the streets as I got closer to the fire, on and off the street. I've never seen so many cameras in my life! I went right up to the base of the mountain, so I got to see the action first hand! 300 acres were burned, all because some clueless parent let some matches get in the hands of their children. Luckily, there weren't any houses where the fire spread, and they got the hikers down safely!

4 Thoughts and Comments:

Anonymous said...

You ddi a great job at getting up close! Ever thought of being a reporter?

Carl said...

WOW, love the pictures....Wish I was in the group watching the bucket drop! Nothing quite like looking up at the underside of 88Mike when they off-load 350 gallons of water. :)

Alison said...

HI! nice to hear from you :) Good thing the fire didn't destroy anything...So thankful for no fires here yet! Have a great week! Alison

Auntie M said...

Those are really cool fire pictures!! Glad it is over!!