Wednesday, August 6, 2008

BDAY CAKE!!!


This is the birthday cheesecake that, yes folks, I made myself! :D Here's the recipe for anyone adventurous to try!

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9" springform pan with parchment paper.

BASE
1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
4 eggs
2 Tbsp. espresso
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt
8 oz. semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
1 cup all purpose flour

FILLING
16 oz. cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sugar
4 eggs
2 Tbsp. flour
1/4 cup sour cream
2 tsp. vanilla

DIRECTIONS

BASE
Beat butter and sugar on medium for 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, mixing inbetween. Mix in espresso, vanilla, salt, and chocolate. Quickly beat in flour. Smooth into prepared cheesecake pan. Refrigerate for at least 3 minutes.

FILLING
Beat cream cheese and sugar on medium for 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, mixing inbetween. Mix in flour, sour cream, and vanilla. Spread evenly over brownie layer. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until top is light brown and center has a slight jiggle. Cool on rack for 2 hours. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving. Garnish as desired.

6 Thoughts and Comments:

MT Foners said...

Ok so let me get this strait.... I cook for you all weekend long and you go HOME and make this masterpiece... and you DON'T EVEN SHARE... you should be ashamed of yourself! haha, JK looks awesome! Great job!

Anonymous said...

And it tasted really as good as it looks too!!!LOL!!! I didn't have to slave cooking for her, I just bring another load of stuff and take her out to dinner, her choice of course!! Hey, it's her b-day! She happened to pick the Mustard Seed. And I did get to have a piece of the delectable cheese cake. My cooking wasn't as good as mtfoners, but that's okay, I left some of the cheesecake for Sierra!!!MOMM

Auntie M said...

I love the pictures!! The cake looks delicious!! Did you save me any???

Elissa & Logan said...

It's even GORGEOUS!! :) Wow!
Maybe our bread will look nice and tidy like that someday?? haha.

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

YUM!!! Looks great; I may have to try that one myself! Hope you had a great birthday!

Anonymous said...

WHY IS ALL YOUR POSTS FOOD ARE YOU SAD????